The power of CURIOSITY
If there was no curiosity in the world it would be a pretty boring place. Right now YouTube is filled with curious people sharing their experiences with the people that could potentially be too afraid to try or experience new things or the things they are watching people do on YouTube. People that are watching are also curious but not curious enough to engage or take the initiative themselves to have the experience.
Business owners, sales people, actors, artists and many other people out there need to be full of curiosity…they are in the mindset of possibility, freedom, and need the ability to change as the world around them changes. If they do not change the business they are in will lose money, profits and momentum. Curiosity is the key to change.
How can a person be more curious? Are people just born with this skill? Is it taught? Well, the answer is both. Some people had lots of opportunities growing up to be curious and explore, it might have been the lack of guidance and had to find things out on their own or someone that is genuinely curious how things work or how things are made or just crave to see new things all the time. Curious is also questioning, not from a judgmental point of view but from a wandering mind and an imaginative point of view. Curiosity is natural in all children, as we get older we can choose to keep it or let it go. Or to be flexible about it.
Curiosity can help the people around a curious person find adventure and more importantly happiness. If you really think about it, with no curiosity, things would be very boring. There would be way less change, options and overall stimulation. People with lots of curiosity have followers, and I am not talking about the social media type of followers but actual real live people following them because they bring fun and interesting experiences to the people around them and it is a FEEL good feeling.
Ask Questions…wherever you are if you begin to ask questions your perception, knowledge and curiosity grows. If you only take in what you are given, that is all you get. But if you ask questions you are creating a conversation and getting more experience. Ask yourself questions as well, the human mind loves to answer questions, it stimulates a different part of the brain. Below are some examples of questions you can ask to self and others to be more curious.
Self and others questions are
- If you could have your life however you want it…how would that look to you?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What do you want to work on about yourself?
- What can you get better at and how?
- Are you sincere about making changes in your life and growing?
- What is your favorite music era? Why?
- What was your favorite experience growing up?
- Where did you see your best sunset or sunrise?
- What was the toughest thing you had to do or overcome?
- If you could be any character in a show or movie in real life who would it be? And Why?